Thursday, May 29, 2014

Call Me Linked

 Head-chains have always been a little obsession of mine, maybe it stems from being a little girl and seeing pictures of my mum on her Indian wedding day wearing a super ornate and stunning gold head-chain with her wedding sari. I love how they've worked their way into peoples wardrobes and have turned into a little add on jewellery piece for laid back summer looks. 

I've got a few that I've bought from various places such as Forever 21 and Topshop but I thought I'd make one, and honestly it's one of the easiest jewellery pieces I've made and really inexpensive as I just used some odd bits of broken jewellery. See below for the DIY!
Just measure out from the top of your head in the centre to where you want it to end at the back of your head, and two even pieces at the side. (Where your head chain would be). I used some some yarn as it was easier to measure out the length I would need.

Using a wire cutter, cut your bits of chain to the length of the yarn you measured out.
Using jewellery pliers just use some jump-rings to link them together. These can be found at a craft shop however I got mine from eBay.
 And here is the finished piece! It's super easy and you can customise it to make a style of your choice, I decided on a little bit of pearl detail as I thought this would be a bit different to some of the head-chains in the shops! x
Lipstick - Mac 'Flat Out Fabulous'

8 comments:

  1. This is such beautiful pieces of jewellery, love the hair accessory. Thanks for your kind review on my last post, Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so pretty! I wish I would have made one for my prom, head chains are completely gorgeous.
    -♥ innominatemod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the head piece on you! I don't think I could pull it off, but it really looks cool on you
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg....you have magic in your hands and kudos to your creativity. I so loved this and want one too!!
    Be in touch
    Love
    Charu
    http://myglossyaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post and lovely blog! :)
    xx Lia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good on you, really nice blog x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/shades-of-cool.html

    ReplyDelete